View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikuh View Post
Unless you have a pocket nuclear power plant or solar panels, electricity would be out of the question for a looooooong time. A lot of the plants should suvive a good while, but its going to be gathering the resources needed to run the plants that is the problem. Extracting the coal and natural gas for most of the power plants would be noisy and attract a lot of attention at best, and deaths traps at worst. The other problem is going to be keeping them secure from the zombies so they could be run 24/7. I am doubting that would be possible on the mainlands considering you would probably run out of bullets before zombies.

Of course, I am assuming a few million survivors spread out all over the planet so no real population density which is going to be neceessary for any real level of recovery.
I think it would just be pockets of surviving groups, independently building barricaded villages and working together to survive. I'd imagine as things stabilize expeditionary groups would go out into the hostile areas to search for resources and other groups of survivors to link up with.

You'd need a lot of damn ammo, though. It'd be so easy to get overrun by a horde of zombies.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote