View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #99 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
I just read through as well and here are my impressions:

The Hawk pads suck and will eat your rotors.

Stockers are fine, but have crap initial bite (agreed).

EBC pads are okay.

The Euro Z pads have better bite but more dust.

The Nismo pads are not worth the money.

The Project Mu pads are well liked.

I think I'm going to pick up a set of those... any more reviews regarding noise and dust.

Thinking about the Mu Street Sports ones.
The truth is if you ask 1,000 people, you'll get 1,000 different answers. Some people claim Hawks eat rotors, some people love the Hawks and don't see rotor problems. Some people love EBCs, some people say they have horrible quality and fall apart. etc, etc...

Some of this is explainable via insufficient data: e.g. EBC went through a management and manufacturing changeup a few years back, and it seems like most of the bad rep came from before the change and they're better now. Hawk makes several different street and light-track compatible pads that are vastly different from each other: probably the problems are on one type and not the other. Then there's user variations: some people are just a lot harder on brake pads than others, whether it's street or track driving.

It's a minefield, good luck making a rational decision