View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #187 (permalink)
MacCool
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyy View Post
Wow stupid worthless progessive agents. Didn't even think to advise a client to get full coverage on a $40k car... But hey, you get what you pay for.

Hopefully everything works out
So...you think it's the insurance company's obligation to remind the insured to get appropriate insurance for the vehicle he bought? We're not taking about some esoteric insurance clause here...we're talking about basic comprehensive coverage. You think that an insurance agent bears some responsibility because he didn't remind the OP that his car might get stolen, catch fire, or get flooded? Seriously?

So far we've seen people in this thread trash the finance company for not making sure that Kayess was adequately insured, and now we see an opinion that it's the insurance company's fault. Sign of the times I guess. Personal responsibility for our actions and our lives is something that seems to be falling out of favor these days and there are several posters in this thread that illustrate that sad concept. Call me old fashioned, but I perceive that buying adequate insurance for my car and then retaining the proof that I have it as MY responsibility and no one else's.

I feel as bad for the OP as anybody in this thread, but I can think of several different ways this insurance debacle could have been avoided.

Kayess, I hope the state comes through for you. But remember the concept of them doing that next time you're tempted to complain about your taxes.
MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote