View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshirecat View Post
That used to be the case back in the day when fuel was kept in metal-based containers at the gas stations. Those containers would rust, which created the "sediment".

Today, those containers are made out of synthetic materials which do not corrode. You don't really have to worry about particulates in your gas any longer.
agreed.... except in older areas that have older gas stations that may still have the metal tanks. I am always afraid of the gas I am getting when I am filling up in the Kootenay's of BC and through some of the smaller towns!

I always try and fill up at the 1/4 mark as a rule though.

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote