View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #24 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
Mainly because of price.

The Z cross-shops with cars like the Corvette/Mustang mainly because of price. Sure there are some people that are not price sensitive and will just buy whatever they want, but most people looking at a car in the sub $50k space are going to be looking at a pretty wide variety just because there are so many choices.

I tend to think that the typical NEW 911 buyer is not going to cross shop with a Z. A nicely optioned 911 Carerra is going to easily run you $100k+. I seriously doubt many people looking at that kind of price are going to look at a Z or anything else in the Z's price range.
Red__Zed was shopping for GTR's and ended up buying a Z and a WRX. Just because you can afford a Porsche doesn't mean you will necessarily want to throw that kind of money into it.

I thought you were saying it was in a different class performance-wise.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote