View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
KillerBee370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with passion
KillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2012 Porsche Carrera... hmmm...

So I'm looking over my new copy of Automobile magazine and I see they have an article on the new Porsche Carrera and Carrera S.

Carrera = 3.4L that puts out 350 hp / 288 ft lbs torque for $83,000

Say what?!

Why the hell wouldn't you...
1. Buy a GTR for that $$$ or...
2. Buy a Z, put about 10K into it and go faster around the track and look better?

WTF?

The Carrera S model puts out 400 hp but now we're dangerously close to 100k with a price tag of $97,000 and change. Arguably my Z is close to that power (depending on what dyno is used ) and I'm not even force inducted yet.

So you're telling me that some corporate exec boring douche really (that OBVIOUSLY has money) wants to drive that boring car?? With those measly specs??

What gives here? I mean even if the GTR isn't your cup of tea, there are more interesting cars in that price range with undoubtedly better specs as far as power goes.

PS: the interior is nice yes... but not $50,000 nicer than the Z touring. Really Porsche?
KillerBee370 is offline   Reply With Quote