Thread: 5.0
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 11:51 PM   #1707 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
I'd personally go with a Boss 302 over the shelby, but that's just me.

I'd take the Shelby over /\ that option though.

As m4a1 said, you'll want "longer" gears so you can use put that extra power down, same reasoning why TT Z often switch out to A/T final drive ratios so that they can stay in gear longer.
The Shelby is cool because of the name and the look, but the 5.0 is just hands down the better engine. There was a pretty good article comparing both the 5.4 and 5.0 in one of the dedicated Mustang mags a few months ago... I'll see if I can dig it up when I wake up tomorrow...

I do love the Boss, though. If I just wanted a weekend fun car / track day car I'd be all over the Boss in a heart beat over the standard 5.0 and the current GT500. I can't live without the Premium package (and Sync) on a DD, though.
LIKE us on Facebook!