View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #967 (permalink)
98intrigue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Viper
98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 98intrigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
I couldn't see clearly and probably missed the post, but are you using the EVC 6? If I was to run high boost, I would love to take advantage of the target PSI per gear. Of course, it'll need to be optimized for the tires being used. Since I run street tires, I'd probably set mine to 6 PSI in 1st and go up from there.

At < 6.5 PSI, I can get it to fishtail in 2nd around 4k RPM from a roll on a good day. After things heat up a bit, I hardly break traction afterwards. I've not tried launching the car yet haha.

BTW... I finally watched the video with the speakers on
I'm using a Blitz SBC-ID III. The Blitz offers the same target PSI if you also purchase their speed controller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
Interesting thread to say the least. Like what you did 98~. The problems with the builder and time lines really don't seem that out of the ordinary. I've had the same bull happen to me before, and that was on turbo KITS. They say one thing, promise a deadline, you call back way past deadline and they haven't even started, or know nothing about it. I def felt the whole "paying customer = great service on a phone" then "you already paid, and we don't care about the issues you're having despite our promises and guarantees." It happens. The car mod business lives on rep from people like you.

Reading over the whole thread, I was chuckling how some forum members were pointing out some problems with Lutz's design, and the same issue they bring up bites you in the ***. I didn't enjoy that the process sucked for you, but now that it's pretty much over, it can be laughed at; IMO. Hind sight is 20/20 after all. That's what happens when a welder designs a turbo kit, and not an engineer. This isn't the 70's anymore, these are 200mph computers, hence companies specializing in certain types of cars; due to the wide range of differences that can be seen between makers.

Great Quotes:
JB-370z, - May 3

Reality, - May 3 (Username irony not lost on me)

Brazilbro, - May 3

christian370z, - May 4

JB-370z, - May 4

Anywho, great looking car, and I hope it just gets even better.
Thank you. I was blinded by Lutz's reputation and my first hand knowledge of turbo kits they have fabricated in the past. It still pisses me off everytime I look back at all the money I wasted due to their "expert" knowledge. Someone posted saying they could make their own kit for around $6k and Shawn laughed. I now know it could be built for that or even a little less....$1000 for a turbo and $1000 for intercooler, WG, and BOV (roughly speaking). That leaves $4k for materials and labor. Had I taken my car to the guy I'm workog with now, I could have had a reliable single turbo kit for around $4k-$5k.