View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
98intrigue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Viper
98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 98intrigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by esfourteen View Post
15psi was a little too much eh? AM Performance runs the HR head on the VHR block, so it might be possible to run the HR block with a VHR head. Maybe hit them up and see if they have more info.
No, actually the noise I'm hearing started as soon as I did the first run with race gas. I hit 13.1psi, compared to my normal 12.4psi and the car only trapped 120 that run. The car trapped 120 my very first run of the night on 93oct and the car hit 12.1pwi. So I know the HP increase wasn't much at all.

I just got home from seeing a friend at Infiniti. He reset my VVEL and the noise was gone!!! I back out of the bay and there it was again The noise is definitely coming from the top of the motor, so it's not a rod issue. I'm changing the oil now and I'm going back tomorrow to have the VVEL reset again.

I may be able to get my hands on a bottom end Build it slowly over time.