View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

I got some support via email from UpRev today on this. Basically they confirmed that setting the 3800 values up high is about what they normally do to get better WOT capability on Z/G cars in general. They also confirmed that nobody really knows how this table works, it's just trial and error. To quote from their Nissan tuning guide PDF:

Quote:
7. Electronic Throttle
X-Axis = Unknown theoretical value (follows accelerator, but not perfectly); Y-Axis = Engine RPM
The values in this table affect how aggressive the throttle response is.
** Electronic Throttle tuning tips: Tuning this table is a matter of trial and error. Usually raising the values will cause more throttle opening, but it is a balancing act, if the values are too high the throttle may become unstable
Anyways, I'm going to continue trying out various refinements to how my table is set up, in case my current smooth map at the top of the thread can be improved.