View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Awesome, thanks -- I will pass this on

"Driving Force" appears to = Load and "Flow Potential" is either VE or MAF counts (or a calculated perecentage based on both).

Load is based on RPM, VE, and g/sec of metered air, so that's probably about right.
Yeah the table still doesn't make intuitive sense to me though. The tuner I used (as in, the dyno-tuning professional) seemed to know what he was doing and set all "3800" values in the last few columns though, and that seems to correspond to WOT at full pedal.

It's clear from experimenting that this table does affect how the throttle reacts to pedal input, but both of the non-obvious labels seem like secondary effects. The position of the throttle butterfly will determine airflow, and that combined with RPM is pretty much going to define load or driving force or whatever. It just seems like one of these axes must be mislabeled for this to be a throttle table.