View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangler View Post
I have done some research on this.

I thought about getting swirls fixed at a shop which would cost around $100 or so instead of buying a PC ($200+) and doing the work myself.

The problem I ran into was that I couldn't find ANY detail shops around here that only gets rid of swirls. I even called them and had no luck.

Anyways, what do you think would happen if I repaint at Maaco? Would the paint look like crap or something? I wasn't going to repaint the car but that guy said that's all they do at Maaco. So I said I was just going to bring in the car to see if they can get rid of swirls without repainting.
Once you see how easy it is to do yourself with the proper tools and polishes, you will never pay someone to do it again.... unless you have serious damage!
You WILL get swirls and blemishes on a regular basis thru everyday driving and use. Be prepared and learn to correct them yourself!

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote