View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 05:36 PM   #100 (permalink)
esfourteen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th TT
esfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to esfourteen

Its the southbend clutch disc/pressure plate combo. I'm using the Zspeed CSC and dot 3 fluid and it's 100% normal with the stock clutch, so clearly there is enough travel here. With the southbend it had a hell of a time getting the car into gear 80% of the time.

The clutch is going back to southbend and hopefully they can explain why this is happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Update... I just got the car back from service after replacing the rubber boot that covers the shift linkage.

The tech was able to duplicate the sticky gearbox issue by getting on an uphill slope and even backing up the car. He also noticed a bit of judder that comes and goes. He spoke with one of the GT-R master techs and he noticed that I'm running DOT5 fluid (Module RBF600). So the possible causes for the gear getting stuck is possibly the DOT5 fluid not being up to temp and clutch disc (as esfourteen mentioned).

Again, the car is still drivable and this issue does not appear to grind gears. I'm told to keep driving, and to take it back if it gets worse.

I found a thread in the Challenger forum in which owners had the same issue. There were mentions of some sort of shift rail, detent ball and spring, etc., that might be causing the hang up.

Whatever it is, hopefully I can get it covered under warranty.
esfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote