Thread: MAZOC Firearms
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 11:59 PM   #564 (permalink)
MacCool
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian0128 View Post
They look good and I have a quite a few, but I dropped a full magazine on a piece of concrete at a 3 gun match and cracked one. Also it's a pain in the *** to load them with stripper clips and sometimes when loading with them the nose of the bullet will end up on one side of the center rib and the body on the other resulting in a type 3 stoppage.

Don't get me wrong, I like them and use them but it's still plastic. If you drop your mags free at the range when reloading it can get costly.
Magazines are disposable items. Pmags might crack, USGI mags get dented or the feed lips get bent. Whatever, Pmags are a significant improvement in magazines and at $15 a great bargain $$/performance, but like any other magazine, they can break if abused ...in which case throw them away. Generally speaking, a Pmag will be more reliable and more resistant to breakage than a USGI mag.

As to strippers, get a StripLula. You'll never **** around with a USGI stripper clip guide again. It's a great device. I use it with stripper clips all the time if I'm in a hurry. I buy stripper clips in bulk off ebay and load them up while watching TV or a bad movie.

Double feeds? Never had that happen with a Pmag, but you have to tap the backside to slide all the cartridges back, just like on a USGI mag.
MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote