View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #31 (permalink)
Zaggeron
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 370ZR '13 BRZ
Zaggeron is a jewel in the roughZaggeron is a jewel in the roughZaggeron is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapoZalsa View Post
I don't know what companies some of you guys have, but I'm guesing some of them are those $hitty ones. I'm guessing the ones that takes for ever to get your claim thru them if you get hit by one of their clients.

Been there trying to get my old lady car fix with those insurance companies. Low premium, high deductible = company doesn't have the money to pay a claim on time. Have to go thru hell and high water!
That may be true, but that's a different discussion. The OP said he was saving 1k a year by going to a 2k deductible with the same company not by switching to a different company and in any case Met Life is a more or less respectable insurance provider I'm guessing.

Obviously, if one says they are saving 1k by going to a 2k deductible with company A over a $500 deductible with company B, that doesn't give us enough information to know if it is a good bet -- the two companies may be very different with respect customer service, timeliness of claims, etc.

So the question is -- given you are comfortable with the service provided by your insurance company -- how much would you need to save in premiums a year to move to a higher deductible.