View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Baconboy
Base Member

Drives: 40th '71chev '34ford
Baconboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waizzz View Post
I would rather be safe than sorry, $2k is too high of a deductable for me to be comfortable with.

Lucky for us California people we have the option of buying insurance from Wawanesa so my insurance is less than yours and my deductible is only $500
Jealous. Here in Massachusetts, the government is involved in "regulating" insurance cost.. but let's not turn it into a discussion about how helpful goverment intervention isn't. Moving to California in order to get Wawanesa insurance company wasn't really an option for me. Over-all tax burden, job market, and hippies trump auto insurance.

As for the $1,000 limit.. I have a credit union and they rock, but your mileage may vary.

I don't see why this is so controversial. Do the math and look at your driving history. It's not every day that I get to make a $1,000 bet on an outcome that I have control over. My odds are 6:1 but that's only because I factored in my teenage years. This is just more incentive to drive safe.

I'm just sharing my numbers because a lot of people here are concerned about high costs for the Z insurance.
Baconboy is offline   Reply With Quote