View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 12:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig11 View Post
I've been using XP10/XP8 since my first track day. Never had an ice mode problem with (RE-11s or AD08s). Maybe I'm not engaging the brake fast/hard enough to cause it. I've also run this setup on the street without any horrible noise... until very recently.

After replacing my stock rotors with a set of PowerSlots the noise level went up 10x. It's ear piercing when I drive next to a wall or building. For an example watch the first 45 seconds of this video: Great Lakes Z Club - LaPeer Dragway 9-10-11 I've got a set of Bobcats on the way because of all this new noise.

Dust from the XP pads is THICK but I've not had any issues with damage on my stock sport wheels or the TE-37s. Maybe I'm lucky... but I neglect my car washing quite a bit (The other MI guys FORCED me to wash my car at ZdayZ : ) and have yet to see any adverse affect on my wheels from the dust.
/\ same here, carbotech advertises that their dust is noncorrosive and so far anyway, that seems to be the case, no issues/damage with the OEM Nismo wheels and our car isn't washed on a very regular basis.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote