Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 04:44 PM   #260 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIZMOZ View Post
Wstar, that may not have went through the clear. It might just need a buff. I would take it to someone that knows how to buff paint on cars, and have them buff your bumper. I bet that would come out.
I'm pretty sure it's through the clear, and down inside the paint itself. I started out with a little alcohol on a paper tower and that did very little good (did remove a little at the surface though). Then I moved up to a microfiber cleaning rag, and then a toothbrush, and then finally a slighty-rough (but fabric-based) scrubbing pad. Basically the purple never goes away until the paint goes away. I could see the clearcoat gone first (paint gets dull in that spot), and then the actual paint, and then you see dark bumper material underneath, but it was always purple until I got to the bumper plastic.