View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 10:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Sorry for the long post then Was just trying to pre-empt answering all the standard questions people would ask about my brake pad needs.

I worry about the noise level running carbo XP8 or higher on the street though. I know it seems petty or silly, but I don't want to be squealing around everywhere all the time. I've still been reading up more since I posted, I'm starting to lean towards maybe EBC Blue. Seems like they've gotten pretty good reviews as a single mixed-use pad for low noise and decent performance for short track sessions. (or maybe yellow if Blue's a little rougher than what I need).
no worries, not you it's me, your post was very thorough.

xp8's don't squeal that bad at all honestly, I don't think they dust real bad either for what they are. I can only compare them to our last car (GTR) and those oem brembo pads were easily twice as bad for street driving as the xp8's are so I suppose it's all perspective. ANY pad that's more aggressive will seem loud/dusty compared to the Z's oem pads which are really really good at being quiet and clean.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote