View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #42 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Regardless of the merits of your original argument, what really puts your posts in the shitter is that you're constantly throwing out insults. I've now been called what? Stupid, naive, novice, dumb-azz? Is that your plan to win a rational argument?

If your dollar per horsepower figure is such an accepted industry standard, surely you can find a reliable source online to quote this from, with some kind of rational argument behind the quote, right? Link it, now. This is the era of the internet. I could find a reference on the mating habits of some obscure Australian earthworm in 5 minutes flat. Surely you can find some backup for your iron-clad dollars per horsepower figure. For that matter, why don't you find some backup for your Porsche engine oil testing data you posted in that other thread in same sort of manner?

And if you don't think enhancing the performance of your car is worth it, perhaps you should spend your money somewhere where ROI even makes sense as a term, like the stock market.
As I stated about the mod dollars / HP figure....I found out about this when I got started in doing mods on the various Mustangs I owned and dragged raced since 1997. There were roads I was going down much the same as you folks but I quickly learned to listen to the folks who had the experience and not pursue trying to one-up one-another and casting to the wind all common sense when it comes to price-point / HP gained.

The real insulting part is that the vendors and performance shops certainly can easily identify easy targets who decide dollars spent by way of emotion...its the oldest sales trick in the book...

Last edited by ZKindaGuy; 07-31-2009 at 02:35 PM.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote