Thread: 1way diff
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
The wheel in the air is a track thing when you are bouncing over curbs. If you have a wheel in the air on the street then you have a serious problem

I definitely prefer the locked behavior over curbs, it makes the car much more predictable. If you get wheel spin over the curb you experience loss of acceleration and a straightening effect (car rotates less while turning). It's only a split second though so most people won't notice unless really pushing hard. Cars set up with really stiff springs are going to bounce more, with the 12K/10K I have I barely bounce at all unless the curb is quite high.
I've seen some cars on auto-x lift a wheel in a corner without hitting a curb too. What happens w/ the Quaife vs 1.5-way there in terms of effect on the car? I'm leaning towards the Quaife setup just for cost and maintenance, but I don't want something that's going to cause some kind of dangerous or unpredictable reaction on a track in any of these wheel lift situations.