Thread: MAZOC Firearms
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 08:27 PM   #384 (permalink)
MacCool
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
One thing I've learned is that there really is no real price difference between the top tier of the commercial grade rifles like Stag/RRA and the top tier of the Milspec grade rifles like Colt/Noveske/LMT/DD/BCM.

I originally started out thinking I'd spend about $850 or so on a Stag, but then I learned the differences between the types of barrel steels and HP testing and MP inspection. It's very important stuff that would make or break a rifle when you put it to the test.

Obviously it all depends on what you need out of a rifle, so a lot of people could get by with no issues putting 500-1000 rounds a year through something like a DoubleStar or a Del-ton, but if you want something to rely on for defense I wouldn't be so sure. And if you wanted to do some high-round count intensive shooting or carbine courses, you'd probably find out you'd need to swap your BCG out for a better one and hope you don't burn your barrel up.

That's why I decided to spend the extra bit of cash (which really isn't that much at all) and do a full BCM build. I know it will be up to the task whether that be plinking at the range, defense, or some future carbine classes.

Ahh Grasshopper. You have snatched the pebble from my hand...Time for you to leave.

MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote