View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #25 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard Dad View Post
Hi, I've been tracking a number of the brake related threads and I was wondering if Castrol SRF brake fluid would be a good choice as part of a pad and brake fluid upgrade? I know that it's really expensive but considering how much everyone is spending on brake issues it seems well worth it and the boiling-point specs are exceptional wet or dry. It would seem that it would make a significant improvement in preventing brake fluid boiling.

Any thoughts?
It is good fluid, just you're paying an arm and a leg. I use Motul 600 or AP 600 and haven't had any boiling. I do a partial bleed of the brakes each event and check for air bubbles. I'd rather keep fresh fluid moving through the system than use super expensive stuff that gets left in there all year.