View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 07:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Hi-TecDesigns
Base Member

Drives: 370 Rdstr AT7 BkChry
Hi-TecDesigns is on a distinguished road

Cj,

So you're suggesting I could probably get better than invoice if I find a hungry dealer and stand my ground? Good to know, but I would start to feel a bit guilty about dipping too low into his profit margin... I'm a business owner myself, and I'm fine with giving the dealers a reasonable amount of profit.

I knew the cube was/is pretty popular, and combined with the rarity of the green color, I figured if I could get it for invoice I was doing pretty well. That's why I was willing to offer up to $400 over invoice (even if half of that was eaten by the transportation), because I knew it wan't easy to find. I got lucky, or shall I say she got lucky.

I would still like to take another test drive to determine if my two main complaints (huge blind spot, possibly due to the sticker, and poor transmission shifting in manual mode, possibly due to inexperience with the specific vehicle) are still there. The blind spot is a pretty big deal, and I would hate to get the car and end up in an accident because I couldn't see to change lanes. If I can shake those two issues (and can work a good deal), I'll probably pick one up.

The on to the customization I don't think I'll spend as much on the Z as I spent on the S, however... full bodykits molded into the frame, custom candy paintjobs, powder coated frames, etc. I'm not sure I want to add up what I've put into the S to date, but I know I've enjoyed it Maybe now would be a good time to make it a turbo and keep the Z relatively stock.