View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
LunaZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Project: a white one
LunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond repute

It has finally stopped raining here in Central PA, so I took the opportunity to give Stella a much needed bath. After a week of slick-tyre hooliganism in monsoon like conditions and a visit to the dealer for an oil change, fresh rubber, an alignment and state inspection, she was a filthy girl!

Cleaning your car properly always makes you aware of every nick and stone chip, so I know when a mark is new.
I discovered this one today:

I can only conclude that the technician working on my car was careless when getting in and out and caught his shoe on the doorsill.

When I got to detailing the wheels, I found this:

WTF?!?!?!
I understand that some sort of tool might have been necessary to start removing the weights from the wheel before balancing, but what did this guy do, use a chisel to remove the adhesive?
On the other wheels, there are some small nicks from where the old weights were removed and the adhesive was still there. I'm guessing the other three wheels got lucky because they didn't need new weights where the old ones were previously. It took me all of a minute on each wheel to remove the remaining adhesive with a towel and some Liquid Wrench.

This is just not going to fly with me.
Looks like I'm making a trip back to the dealer first thing Monday morning to bring these details to the service manager.

Ugh!

Here's some pics of the new rubber, Bridgestone Potenza RE-11's in 265/35-19 front and 285/35-19 rear.
Lowered on Swift springs and running H&R spacers, 20mm rear and 15mm front, creates a perfectly aggressive stance without being toohellaflush.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring/Navigation | see my journal for mods
facebook: Be my friend... or not.
LunaZ is offline   Reply With Quote