Thread: MAZOC Firearms
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #178 (permalink)
MacCool
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
But... but... BUT!!!

I think the key here is that I am not on your tactical level, so my rifles wouldn't need to be able to withstand the same torture you might put them through. So I most certainly would be well served by one of the commercial grade pieces, or something I put together myself provided I don't f*ck it up.
I understand. It's a commonly-made point. OTOH, I'm not a professional mechanic, but my power tools are Milwaukee, not Harbor Freight. And, I opted to buy a 370Z instead of a Pontiac Solstice or an S2000. Just sayin'...

Here's my take, FWIW. Getting an AR15 or M4 variant just to have it, play with it, modify it, or plink with it... that's one thing. If you're going to shoot it, enough to be good at it, you're going to want instruction and you're going to put a lot of rounds through it. Buying or building Tier 3 weapons won't achieve that goal. If that's a goal. If not, then have at it. IMHO, if I'm going to buy a pistol, or a rifle, or a power drill, I'd buy a good one that doesn't take a budget, corner-cutting approach to trying to live up to its design purpose.

IMHO. My approach isn't for everyone.
MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote