View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #847 (permalink)
98intrigue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Viper
98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 98intrigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post
What's the size on the drag radials?
275/35/18 BFGs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
When do we get some track times?
Hopefully, tomorrow night if the weather holds up I tried last Thursday, but it rained. It's been raining all week with the remnants of Tropical Storm Lee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosstick View Post
SO how much did this cost in total and would have cost now that you know the ins and outs.
Now that I know the ins and outs and I know someone who doesn't rape me on labor charges... the piping, intercooler, turbo, wastegate, and blow off valve could have been done for around $5k. This does NOT include the other needed accessories like clutch, gauges, etc.

I bought my Precision intercooler, 25row Z1 oil cooler, Blitz boost controller, Innovate wideband, Apexi turbo timer, ACT 6 puck clutch, Fidanza flywheel, ZSpeed hd CSC, Deatchwerks 600cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, Tial wastegate, and Tial bov on my own because I bargain hunted. I bought everything new, except for the gauges and injectors. I paid $3750.

With Lutz Performance's "professional" job, they charged me $8074 for 15hrs of labor @ $105/hr, the Precision 6262 turbo, intercooler piping, stainless braided oil lines, downpipe, uppipe to the turbo, exhaust wrap, band clamp, oil filter, 6qts of oil, a gallon of coolant, and a $300 custom intake, another 6hrs of labor for my clutch install, 2 hrs for the gauges install, $100 in shop supplies, and sales tax. Plus another $500 for the 2 custom fans and install. Then i paid $450 for a new tune since i previosuly had the UpRev licesnce and tune. Then I paid $1375 in repair costs when I broke down in Georgia. This resulted in Lutz taking the labor charges off my bill from the custom fans installation -$250. This "helped" cover the $200 towing bill from when I broke down. These prices do not include the ACT 6 puck clutch, Fidanza flywheel, heavy duty CSC, 3" single exhaust, Innovate wideband, Blitz boost controller, or installation of these accessories.

Lutz quoted me $1200 to build me a 3" exhaust with a HKS muffler. I paid $250 for the muffler and $675 for my friend to do the piping and install, coming to $925 for the same thing Lutz quoted me $1200 for. I also bought the CSF radiator to help coolant temps (not yet installed) and ordered a Magnaflow resonator to reduce rasp and a new band clamp since Lutz' installation is now leaking for the 2nd time.

I think that's everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
98intrigue, can you update your first post with your final hardware/tuning & dyno numbers. Have added you to the finished builds thread and linking to your thread, thanks.
I appreciate you keeping that thread organized and up to date Unfortunately, I don't have any new dyno numbers since Jon sent me a new tune and the car is boosting 1.5psi more than my previous dyno numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurim3 View Post
wow .. just read the 57 pages ! glad everything is ok now !
How long did that take you?