View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #133 (permalink)
dad
Grand Prix of Endurance

Drives: Mulsanne Straight
dad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
and then people that don't actually track freak out over things that don't matter to them, like oil temps and brakes.
Brake failure matters! In the end, the article will affect sales!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent370 View Post
The 370z is a low-volume enthusiast car, and as such, I think it is much more affected by bad comments in the established auto media that your typical commuter automobile.

I would offer as a counterpoint -- would the addition of a $300 (Nissan's cost in volume can't be the same as retail) oil cooler added to cost of the "Sport" package reduce sales of that package ($3000 vs $3300)?

If it reduces bad press, and it's costs are covered, IMHO, it's a good deal.
Bad press, it's in circulation, you can't change that! Nissan installing an oil cooler, never going to happen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
It just seems like C&D is beating a dead horse to publish a second article rehashing the same complaints they had the first time around. Yes, the stock and even Nismo pads are garbage. And the oil overheating issue is far from new information. So why keep publishing the same story about the Z?

I can only hope it's aimed at Nissan so they eventually (even if in the next gen Z) fix these issues. Fat chance though as Chevy is still making crappy Corvette interiors and every reviewer has commented on that point for years.
There not beating a dead horse, different car(Z), different test, same results!(except it didn't wreck this time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
I don't really care for C&D much to be honest, I don't agree with their opinions on certain things that are not just relating to this article. They are really just stating the obvious, however I do find it interesting that I know fellow 370z owners that regularly push their stock sport package brakes very hard and have never had an issue.

Also, I would NEVER get a Miata over a Z or even a Mustang.
You may not, but their are members who have switched to the Mustang!
Quote:
Brake pads aren't on the car from the factory because anyone that tracks their car changes pads at the track. Low dust brake pads make the most sense for everyone.

The LSD is actually another area they cut cost. The VLSD is not really for serious use--it is more for the cred of saying that there is a limited slip on the car. Anyone that actually tracks the car will swap for a Torsen.
All the cars in the test had factory brakes, the other cars did fine with factory brakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
Abuse any car on a track with out prepping it first it will have problems, maybe not the same problems but problems none the less. Why are people so shocked by this?
Stock equipment test only, for all involved in the test!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
at least they ran into these problems and didn't even get as far as fuel starvation, they really would have loved that! Brakes and Oil cooler were easy fixes.
Quote:

I don't understand how they lapped it so many times, and never ran into that issue.
Jesus!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCharlie View Post
All these reviewers care about is race track performance. They dont mention a word about how it takes the bumps or how comfortable the seats are or the sound system.
They get some car out on a track at 130 mph and complain about the brakes or the oil system not handling that...Who drives that way in real life?
Bumps in the road and comfort seats, did they test a Cadillac? Brakes those are important, they are real important!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooskey View Post
The evo is a four door honda accord look alike POS from a company that makes TV's.!! If I needed a four door I would have bought a WRX. I really dont care if it is faster around a race track. Why are they in the same category. I mean a two seater sports car against a four door sedan that looks just like every other jap gas saver? If you want a sedan that sets you apart from others by all means buy a CTS or 5-series.
Psssss, it's Japanese, not jap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin View Post
At the very least the "sport package" should prevent limp mode and massive brake fade. These are not new issues, and Nissan should rightfully be embarrassed that a freakin VW or Mini doesn't have the same issues.
I doubt if Nissan is embarrassed, their on the way to the bank with every ones money!

We can do without any article of luxury we have never had; but once obtained, it is not in human nature to surrender it voluntary.
dad is offline   Reply With Quote