View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 12:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
I don't know how many laps Car and Driver did on their car straight with the stock pads and fluid (it makes sense how they dont want to do any prep work on the press cars), but man it seems like a bad idea on a track with some heavy braking zones. I know my brakes feel a little softer after 4 hot laps straight at VIR. Someone had said they don't use real professionals to drive the cars?

At the end of the day, not happy about the $1000 on the oil cooler and the fuel starvation. Brake pads and fluid are almost given on any track days
I know a couple guys that drove for them, rode along with one of them at an autocross. They aren't even competitive drivers for the most part (some of the dudes were +3 seconds or so on most courses). No idea how they decide to hire some of these people.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote