View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 08:33 PM   #48 (permalink)
Endgame
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nothing Now!
Endgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent370 View Post
C&D certainly can be biased in some cases, but this story of theirs really doesn't state any 370z weaknesses that haven't been discussed before on this forum and elsewhere, so it's tough to make the 'bias' charge stick in this instance.

I knew about the oil temp issue before I purchased, and it didn't stop me from deciding on the Z. But, that doesn't mean it isn't a problem. Myself and many others here have experienced it first-hand, and not just on the track. I run synthetic oil to help mitigate, but I know the real solution is to add a cooler. It's just irritating that a car of this class with an optional "sport" package, doesn't include one, despite years of evidence showing a propensity for high oil temps.

Cheers,
Kent
My gripe is that they rate the Z so low in the fun to drive when it, in reality, should be at the top of that list. Like another poster mentioned, they some of their editors obviously LOVE it; and I have never heard of the Z not being fun to drive. They are biased. The oil temp issue is well known, but I have not had any of the problems as noted on this forum at times.

The point is this: The Z is still well above par in the fun to drive, cool car for its catagory. With a few 'small' tweaks (oil cooler and brake pads if you must....) it is almost perfect in its class.

Bear in mind I do LOVE the Stang, and am considering an Evo (4 doors...), but the Z is still superior in my book. That said, everyone's book is different...
Endgame is offline   Reply With Quote