View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #19 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post
Can't watch youtube vids at work. Will check it out once I get home though. Definitely want to head out to Summit at some point. Will I be putting myself in a lot of danger if I go with all season tires and just take it easy? If not, I might try to go like early spring where I may be able to get away without needing an oil cooler.
You should come with me on Oct 1st/2nd. Dont even have to drive, just come for the weekend and see what its like. No, you wont be putting yourself into danger assuming you're taking it easy, although it wont be that exciting at all and the all-seasons may not communicate their intentions as well as performance tires will.

And I dont think the time of year will mean much at all as far as needing an oil cooler - it may be colder out, but the motor just will not be able to cool down fast enough. It might take a little longer to max out though.

When I went to VIR, it was early November and my oil cooler was keeping me stable, but I can almost put money that without it, I'd have been having trouble.