View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 11:34 AM   #33 (permalink)
280z/300zx
Track Member

Drives: 280z, 300zx, Vette
280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute

Cut him some slack, everything he is saying about the EVO's performance is true. I don't necessarily agree on the reliability aspect but that is his opinion. Stock for stock the 370z wins hands down in every aspect but when you start talking about modified the EVO wins hands down. You can spend far less on the EVO and get much more compared to the 370z. I love my 370z but in the power department the EVO has the edge when you start talking mods.

The main reason I didn't go with a 09 WRX or EVO X was because of styling. I wanted a more grown up looking car and something that felt sporty. I previously had a 06 WRX and was considering the new STI, 09 WRX, and EVO X but they just couldn't compare to the feel of a true 2 seater sports car. All these sedans are fast and corner great but they don't give that feeling that you get when you sit in a two seater sports car. Having driven 2 seaters all my life (aside from my WRX) just couldn't go to another sedan. Also, as a medical provider I wanted something that fit my career. I shopped for 6 months and just couldn't picture a new EVO or STI parked under a sign that says "doctors parking only." Besides, I've realized at 27 that there will always be someone faster so whats the point. Not that I'm not going to modify my car or race it, but I'm not going to sacrafice feel and look just so I can get a STI or EVO that responds to mods better. For me the 370z was a better fit. I can honestly say that every time I drive it I have a smile. Then again I can say the same thing about my 280z and 300zx. I say drive the 370z but it sounds to me like you are hooked on EVO's, and there is nothing wrong with that. Good luck
280z/300zx is offline   Reply With Quote