View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 11:51 PM   #39 (permalink)
FringeXVO
Base Member

Drives: 2JZJeep
FringeXVO is a jewel in the roughFringeXVO is a jewel in the roughFringeXVO is a jewel in the roughFringeXVO is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by errett View Post
If they are going on Econ's Z, don't you need to paint the inside yellow? At least for a while, then change it to purple.

E
Already done. Coater was miffed.

I just sent an inquiry to Akropovic, since none of their documentation shows the exit tube diameter. Their tips have a slightly larger outer diameter (125mm vs. 114.3mm), and if they use 2.5" tubing, then the Afterburner tips will slip fit and clamp right on, with cutting slits in the clamping tube being the only modification needed (I may just laser cut this mod in advance and make it an option when you purchase). I'll let you know as soon as they contact me.

The GTR version are already clamp-on, and of course I would prefer this for the other Z exhausts. For example:

The Z version that has a little extra tubing so it can be trimmed to stick in or out as much as you want it to, and is slip on and WELD, like the tips that have to be removed. For example:

Thanks Chris!

Last edited by FringeXVO; 08-26-2011 at 12:32 AM.
FringeXVO is offline   Reply With Quote