View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 07:01 AM   #56 (permalink)
SharpByCoop
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '08 G37S - Graphite
SharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of light
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GambitX View Post
They had a few issues with the cars fuel cut, bovs leaking, and the clutch.

Monday they had everything fixed and before I was to come get the car they called and said they think the car spun a bearing. Then today they took the oil pan off and you could see the bent rods.

Stats on the car is Greddy TT kit, 8 psi, 507hp
Visibly bent? My experience is that rods BEND not to extra HP, but to filling the cyl with fuel (or water). I wonder if there was a leaking injector or something and upon start up--BANG--the piston can't compress the fuel and the rod takes the hit. This will happen at any hp level.

A poor tune would burn the piston, but not bend the rod. Methinks this better be solved or rethunk before another lower end is installed.

Good luck.

Coop