View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 03:13 PM   #47 (permalink)
jikhead
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Blue 6spd
jikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebenegro View Post
Well, what I was saying was...

You have 2 sets of cables for each stereo side (since usually cars do have front and back speakers). Each channel carries 50W (peak), for a total for 200W (peak). Instead of simply connecting the one corresponding channel (front speaker left, for example) to the input of the component crossover, Im asking if its possible to connect (by bridging the cables) both front and rear left speaker outputs from the head unit to the left crossover, thus making use of the extra 50W.

This is actually even giving me a headache... I guess when the time comes Ill simply go with the easy, normal connection and thats it...

And about the ipod / usb connection... How are you guys routing the ipod cable from the back of the receiver towards the front? Any suggestions?
I don't see where it says that the receiver is capable of bridging. If there are no specs for it, I wouldn't advice doing that...you may end up damaging or blowing the amp in the receiver.
jikhead is offline   Reply With Quote