View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 02:16 AM   #1341 (permalink)
tvfreakazoid
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2015 Audi S5; 6spd.
tvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond repute

Are you guys talking about gas impingement or piston ar15? Or it doesn't matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
I limit myself to 50 yards with an SBR because I'm not interested in shooting farther, not because the rifle can't hack it. As you note, they can be very accurate if you use a quality barrel. I do sight in my red dot sights from a sandbag rest with a 3x magnifier, but otherwise I never use the magnifier nor do I shoot from the bench. A 3 inch group at 50 yards is completely acceptable to me. For my purposes, if I can put two in the chest and one in the head from 50 yards on a 3-D paper target while moving...that's my Holy Grail. SOST ammo is techically interesting but irrelevant to my needs and would/will be unnecessarily expensive in the volumes that I shoot.

I don't worry about suppressors because I can't use them anyway (illegal). I do use brakes on all my rifles (BattleComps). They're great.

/

http://www.the370z.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1188&dateline=1232328  539
tvfreakazoid is offline   Reply With Quote