View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #79 (permalink)
daisuke149
My *** is famous!

Drives: 2013 Boss 302 PW
daisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to daisuke149

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongMan View Post
I do not doubt that they create down force. I also agree that huge wings on track cars are fine. But, it's when I see it on the public streets that I cringe. Maximum speed limit is 45mph on a public street and 65mph on freeways. How much down force is really needed to keep the rear from lifting on public streets?

Mike's car is a track car, so it's understandable that he has a huge wing. Most of the time, he'll be moving faster than 80mph. From what I can remember, Mike's car is not a public street car, he tows its to his tracking events.

see now your back tracking. you said they wont do anything under 140mph. and thats crap.

True they arent "needed" on the street. But then our cars themselves arent needed for the street either. we should all go buy a honda fit or something.

I see, now quoting speed limits, (roads here, non highway go up to 60, and some highways are 70). If you quote speed limits, you better be damn sure you never speed yourself.