View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #165 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

This is the first sports car that I have ever owned where it shuts off when you drive it like a sports car.

I know where it's "threshold" for shutting off is, so I try not to push beyond that. Yesterday I came around an off camber cloverleaf from one freeway to another and made sure not to get on the throttle as I came out of the corner until I was mostly straightened out. It didn't shut off, but it went into limp mode where it would start missing if you open the throttle or go over 3,000 rpm.

That's like the 20th time it's either shut off or went into limp mode and I really have been being careful to not pushing it too hard.
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote