View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #61 (permalink)
Endgame
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nothing Now!
Endgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Than the Camaro, yes. Than the mustang? I don't know.

What is the 370Z's PPH? The mustang is in the 70's IIRC.
The mustang GT also out-performs the 370Z as a whole. The BOSS annihilates the NISMO.

*If you care about "better designed" regarding interior, I wouldn't get a corvette. The corvette is ALL about the chassis and the engine. The interior is an afterthought and "an embarrassment" (per GM!). The C7 is going to be a LOT! better on the inside, similar power, and more nimble/lighter, according to the best guesses at the moment.

What do you find more fun about the 370Z than the Z06, objectively?

I love the 370Z, but the bottom line is that Nissan needs to do something to update the car. Ford and GM constantly update their sports-car line-up with little features (Magnetic ride control added to the Z06, another 100bhp added to the mustang for '11, a wide-body corvette replacing the Z51, etc...meaningful ****. Not a "unique shade of gray".)

The 370Z kicked *** in 2009. If this were 2009, it would still be kicking ***--because it hasn't changed ONE BIT, but it's not 2009 anymore (okay...okay...you guys now have back-up cameras OEM optional, and several more titillating shades of gray from which to choose.)

I am waiting for Nissan's next Z platform. I have a feeling that it's going to be epic. One way or another. The next "370Z" and the C7 are the two cars I am looking to choose between for 2013/2014.
The Z is a 'smaller' car and feels more tossable to me; takes less input to 'whip' it through curves. The Z06 does not feel as technical to me. That is not to say the Z06 is not a great handler; obviosly the Z06 takes the cake from a power perspective.
Endgame is offline   Reply With Quote