View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 06:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
nismonster
Base Member

Drives: 09 NISMO #349
nismonster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeman71 View Post
I remember reading about the airbag light problem in one of the other backup camera threads. There is a way to get rid of it but I don't remember what you have to do. See if you can do a search for it.
Thanks for the tip, I found the article with ease Flashing Airbag Light After HU Install

The airbag lights are now off, but the SES light remains lit. The car accelerates and drives just fine, but it is very unnerving to see that light on. Reading the other posts here, and considering I filled it up not to long before I installed the camera, it might be a gas cap being loose, or evap leak. I will update when I find out.

Edit: Ok, I took it in to the dealership and they said it was a "AC communication failure" code..they wouldn't actually tell me the #...What I think happened was when I got done wiring the camera, I turned the car on to make sure the camera was getting a signal before I had reattached the rest of the plugs (ac/passenger airbag/etc). Everything is plugged back in now, so I might wait a week or so and see if the light goes off. Worst case scenario, the guy at the dealership said they would fix the issue and turn the light off for 50 bucks.

Last edited by nismonster; 07-29-2011 at 09:30 PM.
nismonster is offline   Reply With Quote