Thread: Its no 370Z...
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 05:28 AM   #24 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

I dont think theres any shock factor intended. The owner JUST finished the car, and probably wont even pursue a magazine spread at all unless they come looking for him. Such is the way of many cars that have been built in Omaha. Those include a twin-turbo 2000 Silverado that made about 1200 HP/torque and was good for 9's at 5000 lbs (Hot Rod mag readers will recognize this truck as the one that was a 3-time Drag Week winner). The same owner of that truck decided to do a budget build, and put a stock long block 5.3L used in newer GM trucks, into an old Ford Fairmont, and threw a custom built single turbo on it. It ran mid 9's, and the whole project cost them something to the tune of $3000 at the most. The motor was never touched initially until they got a free LS6 Z06 cam and threw it in there, which got them ~50 WHP.

Im sure most of you probably havent heard of either of these vehicles, but I cant give enough props for some of the innovative fabricators in the Omaha area. Some of the ideas they come up with are brilliant and new.

If any of you can find me many other 2JZ-GTE swapped E36's out there that are NEARLY as clean as this and can actually run down a track rather than just be backed out of a trailer and hand-pushed into some dumb car show, please feel free to post up