View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #79 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
gtrs are closing in on 100k, and you can snag an m3 for 50k.
Find me a new M3 with DCT and normal options for 50k and I'll buy it. We are talking similarly equipped cars here. An M3 with options is easily in the 70s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
First, I have heard that the 335's TT setup is not very reliable. I don't have hard facts on that, and maybe it was addressed at some point, but I heard that motor takes a beating.

Secondly, BMW offers free maintenance for the life of the warranty, after which your wallet will asplode. Same with most German makes. You pay that up front. It's part of the premium. If you plan on owning after warranty, it's pricey. A member here sold his 911 for a Z because he was tired of paying maintenance and repair costs.

So, you gotta pay to play. If you've got the cheddar, then good for you.
I have friends who track their 335i and M3 without mayor problems. If they do have small problems, dealer takes care of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
hummmmm... okay cause when i had the MINI which is your poorman's BMW, it wasn't a reliable car at all. and the stories i hear from 335i coupe owners that i know, they keep having annoying little issues with their cars.

i want to reconsider getting the 135i coupe or even the 3-series after my G35C's done as my dd... so if they are getting their shitt together, that's good news for me. otherwise im going to get the next gen G-coupe for sure.

anyway, back to talking shelby's.
Same as above. They are doing a lot better with reliability now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
You can get a new one for $50k. I have a quote from BMW of Charlottesville for $49.8k
New? or is that a non-option dealer test drive beat up car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromG2Z View Post
I agree. They don't build them like they used to (which is a good thing). Paying mid 60k for a "used" car still sucks though... mentally speaking I mean. Imagine how many solid new cars you can get for 60k?!?!?!

btw, good luck with your sale bro. Sad to see you selling. What did you think of your Stillen kit???
It all depends on what the original value of the car, the idea of paying 60 or 50 or 70 sounds a lot better when you're getting what was, 15k miles ago - a 90k car.

Im not sad man, someones gonna be in the same position I am, buying something that they wouldnt otherwise be able to afford and getting a really nice, fun car to drive. I love my Stillen kit, still to this day, no issues.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote