View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

I personally would only use the spacers with replacement studs. Just best to have the studs pressed in.

I've replaced many studs before no problems. But this time around I went to do what I always do and I'm not sure if the studs thereselves where tighter tolerences where the splines actually pull threw the hub or what not but the threads got jacked on all of them. Even the treads that looked good still had small amount of resistence to them They came with the Ichiba kit. Replaced with APR studs and had Forged press them in. Perfect now. After talking to Forged there's no reason to put stress on the threads by pulling them in the impact way. I agreed.