View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 01:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by seungklee View Post
Don't mean to thread jack or anything, but I am debating between 25row and 34row. I did ask daisuke about the z1 34row oil cooler before. Now my question is, if I get a 34row, I know if the oil is too cold that is not good right? So, what about during Winter? last time I went to Willow Springs track in January, temps there were 24 degrees early in the morning. Will cold situation like that will negatively effect my car because of the cold oil with 34 row cooler? sorry if it's confusing.
/\ just get the thermostatic plate option w/the 34row (honestly for a street/track car, I'd opt for it regardless of cooler size). It basically bypasses the cooler until you hit 180 deg helping to ensure your oil can get up to operating temp during street driving.

As far as whether or not to get the 25 or 35 row. I always say, better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote