View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon FM View Post
Adding the high friction ie heat generator pads did the rotors in but I had great stopping ability and still did when the steering wheel started shuddering while braking.
I think its actually pad deposits on the rotors. Mine used to do this when I ran the brembos and centric rotors. The brakes get really hot, mine hot enough to actually melt the powdercoat on my wheels and make it wrinkle up from centrifugal force. Sometimes after driving in the rain, the shudder would go away until the next track day, and other times, it would come and go. When I street drove it, if I gave it a few weeks of driving between events, the shudder was gone until tracking again.

It would do it to me after two sessions on fresh rotors. Sharif said its because I was street braking and not going 100% every time, but I'm not sure about that. I do know I don't have the problem now that I have stoptechs.