View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
Kirkster
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Roadster of DOOM
Kirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt@UAMotorsports View Post
Guys I am doing my figures from pumping gas (I filled up 19 gal yesterday and drove 300+miles so far and I still havent reached 1/2 tank) and I am using info from the trip computer. both are correlating really closely maybe off by 1-2 mpg... still it does not negate the fact that at an increased hp level the car is under less strain to hold a given rpm...

for example:

maintaining 75mph in 6th gear stock required about 30+% throttle position...
maintaining 75mph in 6th gear TT'd required about 22% throttle position...

I am seeing an increase in motor efficiency and can sustain higher rpm's with less throttle input. Therefore, the motor is able to get higher fuel economy.

mike

btw rcz... I have been driving a TT G37 for 2 months now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt@UAMotorsports View Post
btw at 75mph i am just under 3k rpm and barely touching the gas maybe 6% throttle... The mileage to empty jumps around on me so I am not using that as my basis... After 200miles yesterday it went from 395 to empty up to 495 back to 450 and so on depending on my driving. Also I believe the trip computer is taking calculations at 1 mile increments and comparing the avg fuel consumption to give you the est. range. If i lay into it for a quarter mile the range doesnt change until a mile or two later and if I am coasting it doesnt change either.

Mike
If a TT got better gas milage than a stock motor everyone would put one in...

Must be that new math they are teaching in school...
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote