View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
happytheman
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MB 6M Tour/Sport Z34
happytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromG2Z View Post
Thanks for the clarification a bit Chis...

So I guess when Professor Dave was inquiring if a code was thrown, he's assuming that the OP had a code reader?

And it sounds like no matter what, if there IS an issue with the car or what not, it will always go through the CEL. Sorry of my newbiness with this, but I guess I just never had my CEL go off in any car I've owned.

So in the future, it sounds like I should buy a code reader (where to get?) in the event that my CEL comes on for any reason. Correct?
G2Z, if you have an Apple or Android-based device, you can use the Kiwi PLX wireless OBDII Scanner. This will allow you to check AND clear CEL codes when they get thrown, as well as a plethora of other useful goodies! Check it out!

Nissan 370Z Forum - Search Results
https://facebook.com/CentralFloridaZClub

happytheman is offline   Reply With Quote