View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Yikes, all my forum buddies have the BC's so I'll tread lightly. JK.

They are comparable with the KW's being a bit more on the expensive side. I will say right now that I have NOT taken rides on the BC's so I cant give you my opinion on how they compare.

I do have the KW's though and I can tell you my experience with them so far.

Being KW what it is, you can expect top quality from their products. They make no squeeks, no rattles, no pops or anything of that kind. They are height, bound and rebound adjustable. They use non-linear springs (Progressive) which allows them to have a HIGHLY streetable feel. KW focuses on their dampening working with their springs perfectly rather than having the spring handle all the fun. That leads to a ride that feels firm and solid rather than harsh and nervous. It allows the system to better absorb unsettling bumps mid corner so you feel so much confidence. The TEIN Flexes that I had on my STI were garbage compared to these KW's.

As far as track work, I haven't taken it yet, but KW designs and tests their products on the nurburgring. That should give you an idea of how they perform. The V3's arent going to be the ultimate track coilover because they use progressive springs ( can be changed for swift linear springs. Ride will become more harsh on the street, but track use will be amazing). However they are very very respectable if your aspirations dont include no-compromise professional level driving.

Personally, I love them. They feel better than stock in every way including ride quality. Driving on the highway has improved since the car doesnt bob at all, it just stays comfortably planted. At low speeds, ride quality has suffered a bit, but definitely nothing to complain about considering what you can do to corners.

Hope that helps a little bit.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote