View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #42 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBladeZ View Post
I'm not talking about the increase in frequency in shifting that such a combination would cause
This would be my primary concern, even given sufficient traction. Even in bone-stock form, 1st gear on the 7AT goes by very quickly at full throttle. It goes so quickly that it's very hard to get the timing right for the 1-2 upshift without clicking too early or bumping the rev limiter (keep in mind the shift isn't instant anyways, there's a factional second of input and engagement lag).

4.08 gears alone would make that situation even more difficult, and then adding SC...

Maybe some have far better reaction ability than I do, but I think first gear would basically be a waste at that point. You'd just click through to 2nd early to avoid bumping the limiter before you can blink.