View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 10:07 AM   #19 (permalink)
SiXK
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z / 91 300ZXTT
SiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws12 View Post
Reading the replies to my original post is making me a bit annoyed.

First of all, I agree with the fact that "Quality" has nothing to do with features.

I have owned all of the high-end sports cars accept Aston Martin, Lambo, and Ferrari. I currently own a 2008 C2S Cab and I have owned many P-cars, Vettes, AMGs, M cars, XKR, Maserati, etc... I am fortunate enough to afford whatever car I choose.

If you think quality has to do with features than Porsche would have awful quality. Unless you pay crazy prices for options they come pretty bare bones (manual seats, crappy stereo, no bluetooth, no heated seats, etc...). But the car screams quality because it is put together well.

Vettes have terrible quality and they are priced much higher than a Z. Crappy interior, outdated NAV/Stereo, awful seats, etc... They rattle and squeak like crazy. Great car, great fun, but quality is sad.

I bought the Z as a daily driver that is fun, comfortable, and reliable. I can leave it at the airport or shopping mall and not panic about whats happening with it. But it still is a $40k car (fully loaded) or at worst a mid-$30ks car) and should be assembled as well as an Infiniti or Lexus in the same price range, considering it is made in Japan in the same factory as the G37 I believe. To me the car's greatest selling points are the bang for buck factor and the beautiful lines of the car. Great value. But if it isn't put together well it ruins the experience, and, quite honestly, the competition in this pricepoint is fierce (RX8, Camaro SS, Base Vette, G, Z4, Mustang GT, Genesis Coupe, 135, etc...) and, while I chose the Z and feel it is the better of all of the competition, I expect to have a car that is put together well.

After 1 week, I have had the original car replaced because of a huge paint defect from the factory, the factory splash guards not fit properly, the body panels not aligned, crooked exhaust tips. All minor and easily fixed, but makes me worry about reliability and longevity.

Sorry so long, but I don't like when people where blinders or feel the need to justify deficiencies so they dont feel inferior. Expect quality and demand it, you will be suprised how much you get.
I agree with you that the car should be put together well. parts should fit. To answer your question, I do not have any of those issues with mine. The body panels are fine, everything is straight - the exhaust, splash shields, etc... I wonder if your car took a bump or something that knocked some stuff out of whack? Overall the build quality of this car is good IMO. I do have one slight rattle from the trunk area.